Pages

About Me

My photo
I’m obsessed about reading, I love fiction. Specifically paranormal stuff... no it didn't start with twilight. I enjoy a fantasy or sci-fi book as well. And I have read a few urban fantasy books as well and I’m getting into reading a bit of erotica as well (but shh that is our little secret!) No part of my life is what you would call "normal" and I wouldn't have it any other way! I may not be the best at doing reviews. But I try. I try to be Honest and fair, but be warned I can be too honest! If I do not like your book, I will say so. But I will also state why, and also suggest the type of person it might be for. But My Goal is NEVER to be Mean. And Remember it is MY OPINION and you have been warned! Also i don't want to accidentally give out spoilers so in some of my reviews i go for the less is more option. i like readers to discover things for themselves. but that usually doesn't stop me from raving on about a particular book!

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Review: Silence Fallen

Silence Fallen Silence Fallen by Patricia Briggs
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this novel with thanks to NetGalley and Berkley Publishing Group, in exchange for a honest and voluntary review.

This book is in both Mercy's POV and Adams POV.
Ok first of all the timeline in this book is a bit screwy. The author/ mercys notes in the book state where it sits on the timeline. .... this is awesome and so helpful.
So you kind of have a Mercy timeline and an Adam Timeline. Its like reading two books at once. Which was very unique in comparison to the other books in the series when they have been Just Mercy's POV and one consistent timeline.

As a fan of the series this change can be taken as good or bad. Good , because it shows that the author is trying something different and trying to engage the reader in a different way. On a side note i really hope we get an adam series or something. I enjoyed the different POVs , usually they confuse the hell out of me and i just end up getting frustrated. But with the author notes and the announcement of the change of POVs -its not a sudden thing, like halfway through a paragraph. Its actually whole chapters devoted to each POV. I found myself embracing the change of POV at times but other times i was like noo get back I wanna know what happens!!

OK So that is the only negative i can see about it. Other loyal fans might not like this new direction the author is going in. But to be fair she experimented with this type of pov change in one of her other books (damn i can't remember the name but i know it happened ).... but not to this extent. And i think has worked out really well.

Now we all know Mercy's way of finding trouble and chaos... its her nature as a coyote walker. Well right in chapter 1 she finds it, by getting kidnapped .
and waking up in Europe, she escapes, and makes her way to a city... any city.
Adam feels the mate bond leave and instantly goes into crazy werewolf possessive find my mate mode. All they know is what they see and have smelled. Blood , Magic, Vampire.
In this story we get to know Marsilla and Elizaveta the russian witch better oh and Zack the mysterious new werewolf. Get introduced to Larry the Goblin King, a few European Vampires, and werewolves oh and ghosts. . Lots and lots of ghosts. Mercy explores that side of her more in this book, and has a lot of interesting results.
this book has made me look into prague and pragues history (why prague you ask... read the book and you will understand). all i knew about golems was from the simpsons. so this book was kind of educational in a way!


Overall opinion
Despite the constant change of POVs, i really enjoyed this. I think it worked. I don't think it would have worked with just the one POV. and i love Adams POV so much i could really see a new series from his time before meeting mercy.... oooh that would be interesting.

I have read every book in this series so far and as this was the tenth book you kind of expect a wrap up of the series.... but it leaves you eager to read more. I don't think Mercy's story is quite finished yet. If anything this book may renew interest in the series!(i know it has for me!) Only time will tell i guess.

I could rave on about this book for ages, i love it that much. But seriously if you buy a copy of this you will not regret it. I do suggest you read the rest of the series first, but only so you know who the characters are and their relationships with each other. Believe me it is all worth it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment