Pages

About Me

My photo
I’m obsessed about reading, I love fiction. Specifically paranormal stuff... no it didn't start with twilight. I enjoy a fantasy or sci-fi book as well. And I have read a few urban fantasy books as well and I’m getting into reading a bit of erotica as well (but shh that is our little secret!) No part of my life is what you would call "normal" and I wouldn't have it any other way! I may not be the best at doing reviews. But I try. I try to be Honest and fair, but be warned I can be too honest! If I do not like your book, I will say so. But I will also state why, and also suggest the type of person it might be for. But My Goal is NEVER to be Mean. And Remember it is MY OPINION and you have been warned! Also i don't want to accidentally give out spoilers so in some of my reviews i go for the less is more option. i like readers to discover things for themselves. but that usually doesn't stop me from raving on about a particular book!

Saturday, March 4, 2017

Review: Lifeblood

Lifeblood Lifeblood by Gena Showalter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I received an ARC of this novel with thanks to NetGalley and the publisher. in exchange for a honest and voluntary review.

i really liked this book.
I'm actually going to go back to read the first book. but without reading the first one i at first was hesitant to read let alone review an ARC of this book but i promised i would do one, so don't stop reading yet!

ok so first thoughts. Reading the first book IS A MUST!!!!! as i feared reading the first few pages i felt like i had missed something. but what had i missed? the journey of Tenly ( ten to her friends) to the point of where the book starts?... yeah i missed that. I missed this whole Troika and Myriad thing too.
this kind of spoiled my experience with this book.
so i continued on. some authors explain briefly what happened to get to this point.
you kind of get that with this book, but it is expertly weaved into the storyline that its not entirely visible. which is great for the continuing reader (aka people who read book 1).
so it turns out i haven't missed much at all..... but i still recommend reading book 1 .

I like whats going on between Killian and Ten. its interesting and i hope to see more of it.
but the constant growth of Ten is really something to watch. but lets face it i think i'm developing a new book character crush on Killian!

Gena Showalter has once again created great characters. Characters that you love, laugh and cry with (and for).
I just lapped this book up. once i got into it. seriously read the first book though. the start was a bit rough for me, but once i caught on, i just became absorbed in the book.

Im going to go back and read the first book and most likely add this and the others in the series into my collection!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment